30 Jan Why CEOs Must Set Digital Mandate | Wayne Sadin on Digital Strategy
Each month, “Wayne Sadin on Digital Strategy” episodes will explore the fast-changing and high-stakes world of digital business, with a focus on what CEOs and boards must do to lead their companies successfully into the Digital Age. Today, we talk about why CEOs must set the digital mandate.
Wayne and I discuss the appropriate roles of the CEO and the board in today’s day and age, how and when the CEO engages with the CIO to set the digital mandate and drive the digital agenda, and why a company’s digital strategy must be inseparable from its business strategy.
Cloud Wars Live Digital All-Stars
We are excited to introduce Wayne Sadin as one of the Cloud Wars Live Digital All-Stars, experts who will appear in regular video podcasts focused on the critical themes shaping (and re-shaping!) the business world here in 2019. Our intention is to provide regular chunks of timely ideas, insights and conversations on high-priority subjects from industry veterans with diverse backgrounds.
- Wayne Sadin on Digital Strategy: An advisor to CEOs and boards of directors on optimizing modern technologies for digital-business success and innovation, Wayne Sadin’s a former CIO, CTO and CDO who will share ideas on C-suite dynamics, the impact of digitalization on culture and vice-versa, and how to change and evolve rapidly to meet the needs of our tumultuous world.
- VC Sean Ammirati on Innovation: A serial entrepreneur, partner in a venture capital firm, and professor of innovation at Carnegie Mellon University, millenial Sean Ammirati is immersed in the world’s of early-stage startups, technology evaluation and financial viability, corporate startups and intrapreneurship, and the creation of truly relevant and valuable innovation.
- Chris Lochhead on The Importance of Being Different: Best-selling author (Play Bigger and Niche Down), top podcaster, former tech-industry CMO and one-time “Human Exclamation Point”, Chris is a student of not only business and technology and marketing but also human nature, human folly, human genius, and very human joy. He’ll bring all of that to bear as he discusses the need to be different in a world that encourages a lot of imitation.
Thanks for watching! For more like this, we recommend:
Stream other relevant episodes of Cloud Wars Live
- Wayne Sadin: The Changing Perception of IT
- Microsoft Services’ Norm Judah: A CTO’s Advice for the C-Suite
- Dion Hinchcliffe: Optimizing Talent to Outlast Competition
Subscribe to the Cloud Wars Newsletter for twice-monthly in-depth analysis of the major cloud vendors from the perspective of business customers.