For this episode of Cloud Wars Live, I talked with Oliver Schabenberger, EVP, COO, and CTO at SAS Software.
The Big Themes:
- SAS and Microsoft have an important strategic partnership. Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization. SAS’ vision is to transform the world of data into a world of intelligence.
- Digital transformation combined with increased connectivity is driving how to automate and simplify. The deluge of data is all about that.
- It’s always a technology problem – but it’s never just a technology problem. It’s a technology, people, and process problem.
- Dr. Goodnight, the CEO and founder, will make no layoffs or furloughs because of the pandemic.
- SAS’ employee-first culture will never change.
The Big Quote: “What we’re seeing right now is a growth of data in two places – in the cloud and on the edge.”
You can also stream the audio-only version of this episode:
Thanks for watching! For more like this, we recommend:
Stream related episodes of Cloud Wars Live.
Thank you to Oliver and the team at SAS for helping make this conversation possible.
This episode is brought to you by BMC Software.