“Tinder on Customers” is the monthly podcast series featuring Bonnie Tinder. Bonnie is the founder and CEO of Raven Intel, an independent B2B peer review site that’s amplifying the voice of the customer. She focuses on software customers, consulting partners and software vendors, and helps identify the best partners for their needs. In this episode, Bonnie and I use Microsoft as an example of the huge opportunity for channel partners in this time of cloud growth.
The Big Themes:
- Microsoft has said that for every $1 of software they sell, partners make $9: The opportunity for channel partners in this time of cloud growth is huge.
- It should mirror the customer base: Software vendors should make it easy for customers to know who their partners are.
- Effective onboarding and training programs: These ensure that partners have the domain expertise to work any given software and ongoing programs.
- A level playing field: Not cherry-picking partners for customers based upon name brand or because they fund the top sponsorships.
The Big Quotes:
- “This is really a summary of the last three years of research.”
- “Just because somebody was great one year doesn’t mean that they’re going to be great the following year.”
You can also stream this episode in audio-only format:
Thanks for watching! For more like this, we recommend:
Stream more episodes of Tinder on Customers:
Cloud Wars Live Digital All-Stars
Bonnie Tinder is one of our regular Digital All-Stars. The All-Stars are experts whose video podcasts will focus on the critical themes shaping (and re-shaping!) the business world here in the digital age of 2021. Our intention is to provide regular chunks of timely ideas and insights about high-priority subjects from industry veterans with diverse backgrounds.
This episode is brought to you by BMC Software.