“Sadin on Digital” episodes explore the fast-changing and high-stakes world of digital business. Wayne Sadin and I focus in particular on what CEOs and boards must do to lead their companies successfully into the Digital Age. Today, with ransomware, cybersecurity and digital transformation in the news, I talk with Wayne about the current CIO agenda and more.
The Big Themes:
- Cloud repatriation: Techies and investors are buzzing about a recent article that seems to argue, “start in the cloud, then move back in-house.”
- BoD and CIO/CISO gap: Most CIOs/CISOs have limited BoD interaction, and most board directors know far too little about technology. They need to talk!
- Last week I became a NACD ‘Certified Director’: After lots of study and a grueling exam! So BoDs are on my mind more than usual.
- Pat Fitzgerald about hiring and retaining workers: Shakespeare, “Glendower: I can call the spirits from the vasty deep.” “Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can anyone – but will they come when you call them?”
The Big Quote:
- “Right now there is not a single restaurant that doesn’t have a help wanted sign the size of their window.”
- “Now it’s 2021. Ransomware is in the news. Cybersecurity is in the news. Digital transformation is in the news I contend.”
You can also stream this episode in audio-only format:
Cloud Wars Live Digital All-Stars
Wayne Sadin is one of our regular Digital All-Stars. The All-Stars are experts whose video podcasts will focus on the critical themes shaping (and re-shaping!) the business world here in the digital age of 2021. Our intention is to provide regular chunks of timely ideas and insights from industry veterans with diverse backgrounds.
This episode is brought to you by BMC Software.