“Sadin on Digital” episodes explore the fast-changing and high-stakes world of digital business. Wayne Sadin and I focus in particular on what CEOs and boards must do to lead their companies successfully into the Digital Age. Today, we discuss business opportunities in 2021, networking, and cybersecurity.
The Big Themes:
- Technical debt: If you write off $0.42 during a $100M bank reconciliation, I guess you created ‘financial debt,’ but so what? It’s the Enron’s of the tech debt realm that warrant attention.
- Whenever you don’t fix something: Technical Debt as a board level off-balance sheet issue is the systemic and long-term policy of neglecting your IT environment.
- Digital transformation: Just because it’s “digital” doesn’t make it transformative. Digital optimization is a good thing – it’s just not the same and distracts CEO/BoD’s.
- CEOs/Board of Directors: You need a translator to help keep the discussion flowing. Someone who can call BS on the “just ain’t so.”
The Big Quote: “A CIO needs to be able to do all of those things. And then as their side job, keep all the tech plates spinning.”
You can also stream this episode in audio-only format:
Thanks for watching! For more like this, we recommend:
Stream more recent episodes of Sadin on Digital
- Fabulous Business Opportunities in 2021
- Rise of the Digitally Strategic CIO
- Don’t Let Technical Debt Swamp Your Recovery!!
Cloud Wars Live Digital All-Stars
Wayne Sadin is one of our regular Digital All-Stars. The All-Stars are experts whose video podcasts will focus on the critical themes shaping (and re-shaping!) the business world here in the digital age of 2020. Our intention is to provide regular chunks of timely ideas and insights from industry veterans with diverse backgrounds.
This episode is brought to you by BMC Software.