“Sadin on Digital” episodes explore the fast-changing and high-stakes world of digital business. Wayne Sadin and I focus in particular on what CEOs and boards must do to lead their companies successfully into the Digital Age. Today, we talk about the need for CXOs to update their video conferencing technology for the current moment.
The Big Themes:
- If you’re a CEO, CFO, CIO, or board member – how “natural” and “normal” are your video meetings? We share some suggestions on excellent and inexpensive gear to optimize effectiveness of video meetings.
- You wouldn’t fly on a cropduster to meet a big client in person—so don’t use crappy video/audio gear to meet them online.
- Embrace the OODA Loop. Fighter pilot Colonel John Boyd invented the notion of an OODA loop. We Observe, we Orient, we Decide, we Act. That’s an ideal model for today’s sense-and-respond world.
- As budget season approaches, we share some helpful hints on how to strategically set IT budgets to align with our always-on digital world.
The Big Quote: “They go get it somewhere else, which leads to Shadow IT, which leads to audit problems, which leads to systems that don’t talk.”
You can also stream this episode in audio-only format:
Thanks for watching! For more like this, we recommend:
Stream more recent episodes of Sadin on Digital
- Some Companies Are Going to be Flattened by COVID
- Modern Cloud ERP Is Ruining ERP’s Scary Reputation!
- The Telemedicine Revolution Will Rock Your World
Cloud Wars Live Digital All-Stars
Wayne Sadin is one of our regular Digital All-Stars. The All-Stars are experts whose video podcasts will focus on the critical themes shaping (and re-shaping!) the business world here in the digital age of 2020. Our intention is to provide regular chunks of timely ideas and insights from industry veterans with diverse backgrounds.
This episode is brought to you by BMC Software.