“Sadin on Digital” episodes explore the fast-changing and high-stakes world of digital business. Wayne Sadin and I focus in particular on what CEOs and boards must do to lead their companies successfully into the Digital Age. Today, we discuss the need for all CXOs to have a deep and ongoing understanding of how technology can drive new levels of business value.
The Big Themes:
- Microsoft told 160,000 employees: You have the permanent right to work from home. All the big tech companies are starting to adapt because a lot of their workers can work from anywhere. Huge implications for every type of business.
- Apple will evangelize 5G. The new wave of iPhones will help millions of businesspeople grasp the significance and power of 5G without having to understand the technical details behind this extraordinary technology.
- “Augmented” Reality becoming “Regular” Reality? As more of this powerful new technology becomes commonplace, it will expand our perception of what’s “real”—and it will seem normal, not the stuff of sci-fi. Are you ready?
- CXOs who refuse to understand technology are doomed to fail. Doesn’t matter how old you are or what your early experiences were with IT—no CXO can expect to succeed unless she or he has a deep and ongoing sense of how technology can drive new levels of business value.
The Big Quote: “When you put in your technology 10, 20, 30, or 40 years ago you’ve stopped maintaining it.”
You can also stream this episode in audio-only format:
Thanks for watching! For more like this, we recommend:
Stream more recent episodes of Sadin on Digital
- Speed, Flexibility, Helicopter-Installed Mainframes
- CXOs: in Video World, Don’t Look Like Sci-Fi Creature!
- Some Companies Are Going to be Flattened by COVID
Cloud Wars Live Digital All-Stars
Wayne Sadin is one of our regular Digital All-Stars. The All-Stars are experts whose video podcasts will focus on the critical themes shaping (and re-shaping!) the business world here in the digital age of 2020. Our intention is to provide regular chunks of timely ideas and insights from industry veterans with diverse backgrounds.
This episode is brought to you by BMC Software.