“Sadin on Digital” episodes explore the fast-changing and high-stakes world of digital business. Wayne Sadin and I focus in particular on what CEOs and boards must do to lead their companies successfully into the Digital Age. Today, we discuss business opportunities in 2021, networking, and cybersecurity.
The Big Themes:
- Last mile networking – down to last few feet: Data to/from the edge will skyrocket in quantity and in value.
- IT risk-awareness rises: Cybersecurity attacks are on the rise. Russia, China, Iran, etc. are going for third-party attacks on the US.
- 2021 is predicted to be the biggest job growth in history: Government stimulus will drive infrastructure and investment, and trigger a seller’s market for talent.
- Healthcare changes are massive: Tele-everything – talk, telemetry, teleoperation, and vaccines and other therapeutic drugs. And—at last!—doctors can practice across state lines.
The Big Quote: “If you’re a CEO, a board member, a C-suite executive, you’ve got to be ready to sense and respond faster than ever. You’ve got to be able to move faster and you’ve got to be able to take those leaps, and manage your risks better than you ever could.”
You can also stream this episode in audio-only format:
Thanks for watching! For more like this, we recommend:
Stream more recent episodes of Sadin on Digital
- Rise of the Digitally Strategic CIO
- Don’t Let Technical Debt Swamp Your Recovery!!
- Speed, Flexibility, Helicopter-Installed Mainframes
Cloud Wars Live Digital All-Stars
Wayne Sadin is one of our regular Digital All-Stars. The All-Stars are experts whose video podcasts will focus on the critical themes shaping (and re-shaping!) the business world here in the digital age of 2020. Our intention is to provide regular chunks of timely ideas and insights from industry veterans with diverse backgrounds.
This episode is brought to you by BMC Software.