Oliver Bussmann is a world-renowned expert specializing on the intersection of technology and business with particular expertise in financial services, and is now CEO of Bussmann Advisory AG. Having been both a CIO and a COO, Oliver has held senior positions at UBS, SAP, Allianz, Deutsche Bank and IBM. Stream my conversation with Oliver to gain valuable insight into digital transformation, new business models like industry clouds, the impact of technology on strategy and the ongoing battle for talent.
The Big Themes:
- State-of-the-art technology: How they connect to the ecosystem, so there are two worlds coming together.
- Bringing data into the cloud: There’s a price tag to that too. It’s not only an efficiency play, by the way, meaning which application you want to test drive.
- It’s a never-ending story: The next one is already waiting around the corner. You have to adjust how you work together, and the level of collaboration has changed dramatically over the couple of years.
- My weekly newsletter: In total almost 40,000 subscribers. I have a huge community of a hundred thousand followers on LinkedIn.
The Big Quotes:
- “The most important asset that you have is your people. And how you take your people, your organization on that journey, get them excited, motivated, help them to learn more new skills and capabilities.”
- “We are at the beginning of a marathon. It’s not a sprint.”
You can also stream this episode in audio-only format:
Thanks for watching! For more like this, we recommend:
Connect with Oliver on LinkedIn for more.
Check out the new Industry Cloud Top 10 rankings and subscribe to the Industry Cloud Newsletter.
Stream more episodes of Cloud Wars Live:
This episode was brought to you by BMC Software.