“Tinder on Customers” is the monthly podcast series featuring Bob Evans in conversation with Bonnie Tinder. Bonnie is the founder and CEO of Raven Intel, an independent B2B peer review site that’s amplifying the voice of the customer. She focuses on software customers, consulting partners and software vendors, and helps identify the best partners for their needs. In Tinder on Customers episodes, Bonnie talks about how choosing the right partner is critical to success.
The Big Themes:
- There are bottlenecks in the process, the wheels fall off, and the scope keeps changing – rapid deployment is hard work!
- 85% of the time you’re going to be working with the SI partner and not the software vendor themselves –as in SAP, Oracle, Workday, etc.
- With rapid deployment you’re not going to get an army of consultants. You’re going to get fewer people – and they’re going to be cross-functional.
- Bonnie answers a “Quick Quiz” on how the customer has to have the right expectations, and has to free up the resources to get the job done.
- She compares this to a marathon: If you hit a wall at mile 18, it will be bad. But if you’ve done the training ahead of time, it’s going to be amazing.
The Big Quote: “You really want to have confidence that the people leading the process have been there, done that, and done it successfully.”
You can also stream this episode in audio-only format:
Thanks for watching! For more like this, we recommend:
Stream more from Cloud Wars Live:
Cloud Wars Live Digital All-Stars
Bonnie Tinder is one of our regular Digital All-Stars. The All-Stars are experts whose video podcasts will focus on the critical themes shaping (and re-shaping!) the business world here in the digital age of 2020. Our intention is to provide regular chunks of timely ideas and insights about high-priority subjects from industry veterans with diverse backgrounds.
This episode is brought to you by BMC Software.