“Sadin on Digital” episodes explore the fast-changing and high-stakes world of digital business. Wayne Sadin and I focus in particular on what CEOs and boards must do to lead their companies successfully into the Digital Age. Today, we discuss strategic planning, cloud-native ERP, 5G, and CIOs.
The Big Themes:
- Strategic planning: Strategic planning is a lot about what you want to do – but also about what you’re able to do.
- True cloud-native ERP: That includes business intelligence, low-code, data lake – and is different from old-style on-prem ERP. Clients who haven’t seen this are just getting used to it.
- 5G and other advanced networking: The bandwidth is terrific, but latency is the game changer for IoT apps, and other simplified “edge computing.”
- There are no stupid questions: If someone on CIO’s team makes a CEO or board member feel like he or she has asked a dumb question, get rid of that IT person.
The Big Quote: “How are you enabling? How are you empowering? How are you teaching them to think differently?”
You can also stream this episode in audio-only format:
Thanks for watching! For more like this, we recommend:
Stream more recent episodes of Sadin on Digital
- Don’t Let Technical Debt Swamp Your Recovery!!
- Speed, Flexibility, Helicopter-Installed Mainframes
- CXOs: in Video World, Don’t Look Like Sci-Fi Creature!
Cloud Wars Live Digital All-Stars
Wayne Sadin is one of our regular Digital All-Stars. The All-Stars are experts whose video podcasts will focus on the critical themes shaping (and re-shaping!) the business world here in the digital age of 2020. Our intention is to provide regular chunks of timely ideas and insights from industry veterans with diverse backgrounds.
This episode is brought to you by BMC Software.