“Sadin on Digital” episodes explore the fast-changing and high-stakes world of digital business. Wayne Sadin and I focus in particular on what CEOs and boards must do to lead their companies successfully into the Digital Age. Today, we talk about the need for CIOs to drive speed, flexibility and innovation across their companies.
The Big Themes:
- The new, new normal – and the new abnormal. How many meetings have we had where somebody had a cat sitting on their head?
- CIOs must drive speed, flexibility and innovation across their companies—Sense and Adapt at warp speed!
- REI just built a huge new headquarters – and they’re never going to occupy it. The notion of work, is changing and we have to get used to it.
- Not so long ago, a mainframe was lowered by a helicopter into the 35th Floor of an NYC bank building. At the time, it was pretty much normal. Now you have Amazon, Microsoft, Google, and Oracle to do it for you.
- Wayne Sadin is #2 on the Rise Global “IT Leader Power 100” list. “When you outgrow your IT strategy, call me!”
The Big Quote: “I am a believer in science. I’m a believer in engineering. I believe in the human spirit.”
You can also stream this episode in audio-only format:
Thanks for watching! For more like this, we recommend:
Stream more recent episodes of Sadin on Digital
- CXOs: in Video World, Don’t Look Like Sci-Fi Creature!
- Some Companies Are Going to be Flattened by COVID
- Modern Cloud ERP Is Ruining ERP’s Scary Reputation!
Cloud Wars Live Digital All-Stars
Wayne Sadin is one of our regular Digital All-Stars. The All-Stars are experts whose video podcasts will focus on the critical themes shaping (and re-shaping!) the business world here in the digital age of 2020. Our intention is to provide regular chunks of timely ideas and insights from industry veterans with diverse backgrounds.
This episode is brought to you by BMC Software.