Each month, Tony Uphoff, visionary CEO of Thomasnet.com, joins Cloud Wars Live for a recurring segment. “Uphoff on Industry” will explore the innovations, upheavals, and breakthroughs reshaping the the world of manufacturing and industrial markets. Join Tony and me as we discuss the Thomas data that points to coming disruptions in supply chains that will impact the consumer economy in the next 12 months.
The Big Themes:
- You may be hearing about it: The Buy American Act, The Infrastructure Bill, The United States Innovation, and Competition Act.
- Based on our Thomas data: We have a few predictions of supply chain disruptions that will impact the consumer economy over the next 12 months.
- The woman that created a billion dollar brand called Spanx: She was pretty savvy about design and had at least a functional understanding of some of the engineering requirements.
- These key pieces of legislation: Are accelerating the US manufacturing economy and will play significant roles in driving the overall US economy and global security.
The Big Quote:
- “All these things arrived for the first time in history, that generation is being hit with product shortages and problems of supply chain, disruption, and ships backed up in harbors.”
- “If you can, I would wait at least six to 12 months to buy your next car.”
You can also stream the audio-only version of this episode:
Cloud Wars Live Digital All-Stars
Tony Uphoff is one of our regular Digital All-Stars. The All-Stars are experts whose video podcasts will focus on the critical themes shaping (and re-shaping!) the business world here in the digital age of 2021. Our intention is to provide regular chunks of timely ideas and insights about high-priority subjects from industry veterans with diverse backgrounds.
This episode was brought to you by BMC Software.