As President of SAP S/4HANA, Jan Gilg oversees development of SAP’s flagship ERP product, digital supply chain, and industry solutions. In this conversation, Jan discusses how the shift to a digital economy is driving unprecedented changes in how businesses operate, and the new types of software solutions businesses require to thrive in such an environment. In the midst of all that upheaval, SAP itself has changed in significant ways, and Jan shares his perspectives on the benefits those changes are driving for customers.
The Big Themes:
- Across all 25 industries: Now moving into the cloud we are really following the old modularization strategy on the one hand side – and blurring much, much more.
- Much better visibility: I probably want to have more visibility into multiple tiers of my supply chain.
The Big Quotes:
- “This will be a steering dimension for every company in every industry.”
- “And we capture the data from the sensors and feed it again into the context of the vehicles.”
- “The shift to Office 365 was massive from our perspective.”
You can also stream this episode in audio-only format:
Thanks for watching! For more like this, we recommend:
Connect with Jan on LinkedIn.
Stream more episodes of Cloud Wars Live:
This episode is brought to you by BMC Software.